Almost all important groundwater systems in our country are being overexploited at an alarming rate. I am disappointed and I can see we might have to pay for the consequences can be severe and the damage collatoral.
It’s apocalypse Now!!
Even when our government has announced subsidies and tax rebates for the realty industry understanding that it might encourage them to come forward and include Rainwater harvesting as part of their structural plans, few have responded positively. I am not sure why we always think of ways to make money claiming ignorance towards social well being and environmental protection. Are we not being myopic?
Why do we realize all our fallacies in the 11th hour. Why fight for earth should be a one man’s crusade!
Am I doing anything about it! No! I always have some excuse, the most famous one being “In this country fighting for the basics – food, shelter & work takes all my time and energy and I care a damn about anything else!!”
Water crisis can be very painful and it’s this water which forms the very DNA of life..
Empires will fall, Totalitarian regimes will perish and we will re enter stone age ..all for the want of water
Let’s be careful the next time you open that tap of water. Note that the next time you might have been running a tap while you are brushing your 32, every drop being wasted would deprive someone of a life source!
No comments:
Post a Comment