I think my blogging habits have started resembling my workouts. Irregular and erratic. Lame excuses apart, I was tied up with some unfinished job in Chennai, which took lot of my attention and time. Sorry to the (1) guy who reads my blog - Me!
So why this sudden shot at redemption, you may ask ; It’s my way of saying: Guyz I am still alive and kicking !
Summers are getting hotter in our country. This does not stop us from switching on the air conditioner and catching that few hours of sleep that does not come naturally these days, thanks to the sedentary life we lead. We are consumed by a perpetual satiation for the sloppy soap operas and the umpteen number of dance contests that we fail to realize that our mind if not our body needs its share of peace and rest. In the good old days, if I remember my childhood, we had an amazing respect for the clock and were tuned to having healthy eating and sleeping habits. We never knew, 2 decades from then, we would turn out to be domestic disasters.
I am a victim of this change too, albeit, I try to nullify its effect whatever humanly possible.
Any ways it’s the sultry heat that made me write this stuff. A lot has conspired in this month and I must say for me, the comeback of Saurav (our dada) was the most memorable one. Dada showed his critics that his passion for the bat defies his age and he still has the killer instincts in him to thrash any loose deliveries.
The match against Kolkata Knight Riders now would be fun to watch!!
I visited my college (St. Peter’s Engineering College) after 8 long years and was surprised to see, not much has changed. I still had to take a train from Chennai Central to the Annanur railway station. It was just like any other day during my four long years during engineering - sultry and sticky weather, hot like hell. After
a long walk and after downing 2 water bottles, I could see my campus. It was overwhelming; The very sight of the main building got me nostalgic.
There was no change in and around the college, Avadi being a very small suburb outside Chennai only known for its coach factory and a army cavalry unit.
The roads were still red clay dusty and you can only see some string of shops that cater to the student population. I was surprised to see that our department now has it's own building far off from the main campus. It shared it’s premises with the Biotechnology engineering department.
What used to be our canteen, our hangout after lecture hours, is now a soil testing laboratory. It was unbelievable. I could not help but peek into some lecture halls, not knowing that they were all vacant and had just had been used for the first semester theory exams.
I walked to the reception and one of the head clerks did recognize me and enquired on my adventures after graduating. I told him about my escapades, which were of some interest to him apart from the mundane stuff he gets to share with his fellow staff. After meeting my department head and lecturers, I was heading down to the main campus, when I was stopped by a lady whom I could immediately recognize as my first year chemistry teacher. She gave a huge cry and said..”Are you the one from the first batch of chemical engineers?”. I replied in affirmative and I could see her being pretty excited about seeing one of her students after a long hiatus. I greeted her and took her leave and walked back towards the station for what could be a long journey back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment